Deadline for registration: March 9, 2012
Succesfully compiling a Ph.D thesis is a demanding task that involves more skills than just writing. It is a project in the sense that it often involves several stakeholders (e.g. fellow Ph.D. students, professors, technicians ...), it has a beginning and an end and the outcome is a unique product.
Knowing key elements of project management will therefore help you getting a grip on your Ph.d. thesis.
- (Foreign) Doctoral candidates of Mainz University
- Wednesday, March 28, 9 am - 5.30 pm and
- Thursday, March 29, 9 am - 5.30 pm
- Alter Musiksaal, Forum universitatis 1, Becher-Weg 2, 2nd floor
- Dipl.-Psych. Matthieu Kollig, GlobalPilots
It will be looked at
- project phases
- realistic scheduling; defining SMART targets
- delegating work
- identifying and communicating with stakeholders
- monitoring and evaluation
- risk management
- aspects of intercultural project management
In order to prioritize and adapt the contents to the specific needs of the participants, they will be contacted via e-mail preceding the course. The list may thus be modified.
- ... know project management skills that facilitate writing a Ph.D. thesis
- ... apply these skills to their respective Ph.D. thesis
- ... share and exchange their experiences
Maximum number of participants: 14