Introduction to Studying at the Department of English and Linguistics SuSe 2023
Covid notice - Office hours
Our one-on-one office hours are still partly suspended. Please check "Contact" on this page for further details.
Please follow these guide lines when sending e-mails:
- Only send your enquiry to one person at the time. We will forward your enquiry to the person in charge if necessary.
- State your question in a short but precise manner.
- State which course of studies you are enrolled in (major/minor), and, if possible, in what semester you are studying.
- In order to clarify more complex problems, add your phone number to the request, so we can call you.
Your studies office - Our Tasks
For the "who-is-who" - see "Contact" below.
- Studies management
The studies manager is the head of the studies office; s/he plans the semester programs in cooperation with the department's executive office and the individual teaching and research branches; coordinates the teaching, and participates in the conceptional and organizational development of the study programs. S/he is furthermore a first contact for questions relating to gender equality as well as compensation for disadvantages, and administers hearings in cases of plagiarism.
- Course management
The course manager organizes all courses, which includes room booking, accepting course announcements, data processing of all courses in CampusNet; and administers all registrations and lists of participants.
- Exams management
The exams manager organizes and administers all exams (except: Bachelor's or Master's theses), processing all exams data in CampusNet.
- Student advisors
Affiliated with the departmental studies office, the student advisors offer a variety of individual advice to students. (Click on "student advisors" for more information.)
- Certificates for the German student credit system (BAföG-Bescheinigungen)
Only for B.A. (major) American Studies or English Literature and Culture.
Please contact Lisa Schaufler. For "Formblatt 5," see also student advisors
- Who else can issue a certificate for the German student credit system BAföG-Bescheinigungen (regular certificates)?
In cases of illness or vacation, one of our studies office representatives will assist. Please contact only ONE studies office administrator at a time! NEVER contact several people at the same time!
For any questions or suggestions, please contact Kathrin Scheufler.
Out of office