Corona Virus Notice
Due to the current situation, the studies office have limited their personal contact with students.
Until further notice, there are no office hours.
Please send us an e-mail or try to phone us.
Please follow these guide lines when sending e-mails:
- Only send your enquiry to one person at the time. We will forward your enquiry to the person in charge if necessary.
- State your question in a short but precise manner.
- State which course of studies you are enrolled in (major/minor), and, if possible, in what semester you are studying.
- In order to clarify more complex problems, please add your phone number to the request, so we can call you.
For the "who-is-who" in Studienbüro - see "Contact" below.
- Studies management (Studienmanagement)
The studies manager is the head of the studies office; s/he plans the semester programs in cooperation with the department's executive office and the individual teaching and research branches; coordinates the teaching, and participates in the conceptional and organizational development of the study programs. S/he is furthermore a first contact for questions relating to gender equality as well as compensation for disadvantages, and administers hearings in cases of plagiarism.
- Course management (Lehrveranstaltungsmanagement)
The course manager organizes all courses, which includes room booking, accepting course announcements, data processing of all courses in CampusNet; and administers all registrations and lists of participants.
- Exams management (Prüfungsmanagement)
The exams manager organizes and administers all exams (except: Bachelor's or Master's theses), processing all exams data in CampusNet.
- Student advisors (Studienfachberatung)
Along with the departmental studies office, the student advisors offer a variety of individual advice to students. Here students get official transcripts and documents, such as recognition of credits from other universities or from abroad, recognition of stays abroad or internships, placement evaluation for students coming from other universities and much more.
(Note: B.Ed.s and M.Ed.s must see the Hochschulprüfungsamt for official transcripts and documents).
- Certificates for the German student credit system (BAföG-Bescheinigungen)
Only for B.A. (major) American Studies or English Literature and Culture: please contact Lisa Schaufler. For "Formblatt 5," see also www.english-and-linguistics.uni-mainz.de/studienfachberatung
- Who else can issue a certificate for the German student credit system BAföG-Bescheinigungen (regular certificates)?
In cases of illness or vacation, one of our department studies office representatives will assist. Please contact only ONE studies office administrator at a time! NEVER contact several people at the same time!
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact Kathrin Scheufler.
Studies office (Studienbüro) absences