First things first
The studies counsellors of the Deparment of English and Linguistics are responsible for the recognition and crediting of all accomplishments from abroad or from former studies. For a quick and unproblematic process, we need your assistance:
Each crediting procedure requires careful processing. A certificate thus CANNOT be written and printed 'in passing'. Therefore, please take care of these things in good time.
The personal consultation with a student counsellor is vital for your request. Many questions can be clarified this way.
Please avoid the following: Do not e-mail us documents hoping that everything will be taken care of automatically - recognitions and crediting are not self-propelling processes!
Only contact ONE studies counsellor and make sure to ALWAYS seek out the same counsellor during the entire process of recognition and crediting. Avoid contacting several counsellors simultaneously about the same issues.
Always attach the following information to your request:
The subjects you study, the examination order which applicable, and your matriculation number.
Certificate of recognition: Independent Studies
Make sure to speak to one of our student counsellors and clarify the issue of recognition in advance.
Contact the same person again later for credit.
For more information on Independent Studies see: FAQ Courses
Certificate of recognition: Subject changes and examination order changes at JGUPlease click button to expand or collapse content
Certificate of recognition: Changing a subject and/or examination order at JGU
Present a print-out of your Jogustine documentation which shows all of your accomplishments so far (survey of all accomplishments and module exams).
- This is how to print out the results:
- JOGUStINe → Studies (Studium) → Results (Ergebnisse) → Module results (Modulleistungen).
- In the line of the respective module, click on Exams (Prüfungen) on the right (if needed, change the semester settings).
- Print the info (f.e. via STRG – P).
- a PDFexample can be seen in the download area to the right.
- This is how to print out the results:
Certificate of recognition: Credits from foreign universities and collegesPlease click button to expand or collapse content
Certificate of recognition: Credits from foreign universities and colleges
- Present the original and a copy of your transcript from abroad to one of our student counsellors.
- For credits from proseminars and seminars, also present the original term paper so the counsellor can verify the equivalence to term papers at JGU.
- In order to give proof of a three-month long stay abroad in an English-speaking country for students in the B.Ed./M.Ed. study programs:
- Study abroad: present a transcript of the foreign university of college.
- Internship: present internship documentation or a work certificate.
Certification of placement for the university student administration (Studierendenservice)Please click button to expand or collapse content
Certification of placement for the university student administration (Studierendenservice)
Attention! These are two separate processes:
- Certificate of placement for the JGU student administration (Studierendenservice)
(Placement into semester xyz according to certificate of recognition (Anrechnungsbescheid))
- Recognition of individual courses within a field of study (Anerkennungsbescheid) for the departmental examination management
Both processes must be completed prior to the end of the second phase for course registration (zweite Anmeldephase)!
Your contact for this is the departmental Student counselling (Studienfachberatung).
Recognition of credits for JGU applicants (foreign transcripts)Please click button to expand or collapse content
Recognition of credits for JGU applicants (foreign transcripts)
Please refer to the website for JGU applications: https://www.studium.uni-mainz.de/anerkennung-auslaendischer-vorbildungsnachweise/
Students changing universities
Present the original and a copy of the transript of your former university and possibly module handbooks to one of our Student counsellors.
Office hours student counsellors
You will find all office hours of all our student counsellors HERE.