A Master’s degree, Diplom, Magister or Staatsexamen can be followed by doctoral studies which lead to the title of “Dr. rer. nat.”. Doctoral degrees may be awarded in the following fields:
- Didactics of Physics
- Didactics of Mathematics
- History of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- Computer Science
- Didactics of Computer Science
The thesis topic is assigned by the supervising professor. Creative and independent scientific work, backed by solid methodical skills and extensive background knowledge acquired through literature studies and discussions, forms the basis for a successful thesis at the forefront of science.
JGU offers different types of doctorates:
- Individual doctorate under the guidance of one supervisor only
- Bi-national doctorates under the joint supervision of two doctoral advisors from two different countries and a jointly awarded doctoral title (Co-tutelle de these)
- Structured doctorate with additional integration into a structured training program. A list of all structured programs with links to their respective home pages can be found here.
|Which steps must one take to enroll as a doctoral student or to pursue a PhD program? Please have a look at this Guideline for doctoral candidates with foreign certificates and apply online for admission as a doctoral student.|