Student Advising Offices are organizational units of the institutes of Faculty 05 and are responsible for the administration of student-related matters in the individual subjects. They are the first stop for students with organizational questions relating to planning a course of study (course management) or students who wish to register for examinations in the bachelor's and master's programs (examination management).
Academic advisors are responsible for subject-specific information and advice on course content and structure, study planning and issues related to university recognition of academic qualifications for exchange students.
The following people work in a Student Advising Office:
- Student Affairs manager: Office director
- Examination manager: Organization of examinations
- Course manager: Organization of courses
Student Advising Offices of Faculty 05:
- Department of English Literature and Linguistics
- German Department
- Gutenberg Institute for World Literature and Written Media
- Institute of Film, Theater, Media and Culture Studies
- Institute for Slavic, Turkic and Circum-Baltic Studies
- Department of Romance Studies
- Department of Philosophy
- Integrated Courses of Study Mainz-Dijon