You cannot include plugins for yourself, because this is a multisite installation. However, we provide lots of plugins that are seemlessly included in the layout of the JGU.
Additional functions: JGU Plugins
The following plugins have been developped for you at JGU.
- jogustine: Jogustine course information: easily import a list of courses from the university's Jogustine system
- rechtespalte: define specific content for the right column in a page layout
- toc: automatic table of contents within edited texts
- JGU-Videos: shortcode for embedding videos streamed from the university's streaming media server
Unless otherwise noted these plugins will be activated on request only. Requests may be sent via mail to email@example.com . Please mention your blog address (URL) and the plugin(s) to be activated.
Please also mention if you require English language documentation for a JGU plugin and we'll try to provide it as soon as possible.
- box / beitrag: JGU Content Box: a shortcode plugin for re-usable content blocks within pages/posts
- downloadcenter: Integrates file directories of virtual hosts at the ZDV. Automatically creates clickable lists of all files within a directory.
- formulargenerator: your ownweb forms, for applications, registration, feedback etc.
- idm: Contact Info for Persons and Institutions, inserted from the JGU Directory (IdM)
- imagescroller: image scrolling within the middle column of any page in your blog
- linkbox: creates dropdown boxes for links to other pages
- JGU External Resources: Shortcode plugin for external resources (NCBI, ResearcherID, PLOS ONE)
- imagescroller typ="startseite", imagescroller_rechtespalte: Image Scroller with Search Box, Top- and Calendar Links. Creates a content module like the one offered on the start page of the university (www.uni-mainz.de) complete with image scroller, search box, top- and calendar links (shortcode).
- sympa: embed Sympa mailing list archives (used with kind permission by K. Pastor, FB03)
- xmltransformation: XML/XSL interface for external data (used for data import, shortcode).
- wpearch: display a search box anywhere within the middle or right column of pages.
- wtoc: horizontal tables of contents (i.e. alphabetical character lists, shortcode).
These functions have been programmed specially at JGU's data center. The function is realized in a field or menu, not via shortcode.
- JGU Auth: enables settings for authentication requirements, either for a whole blog or for specifc pages/posts, using groups within the university's account system.
- JGU Comment Moderator: set a moderator for comments (may also be a mailbox)
- JGU Navigation: easily import navigation menus hosted in other projects within a centrally hosted CMS at JGU.
- JGU-Polyglot: language variants (for all blogs that present their content in more than one language)
- JGU Tools: Self service regarding Plugins and Users
WordPress Community Plugins
We currently offer the following plugins from the WordPress developer community within our central WordPress service:
- Antispam-bee: as a defence against spam (activated by default in all projects)
- Email-address-encoder: for securig mail addresses (activated by default in all projects)
- SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam: as a defence against spam within web forms
- SwfObject Reloaded: for embedding SWF-objects (Flash-videos) in pages (by request)
- TablePress: A table editor for comfortable editing of data tables. Tables may easily be equipped with dedicated functions for sorting, paging and searching. TablePress will be activated for your project on request.
Within the WordPress community there is an enormous number of additional plugins on offer. However, since each of these plugins creates considerable hosting workload in a central installation, we offer only a limited number of carefully inspected and tested community plugins. We install
- only plugins that would - in principle - be usable by all projects,
- only plugins that will foreseeably provide long-term usabilty of their content and its structure.