• Life history evolution (especially of amphibians and reptiles)
• Allometric scaling (influence of body mass on biological traits)
• Biogeography of animal and plant species with geographic information systems (GIS)
• Species distribution modelling (SDM)
• Ancestral character state reconstruction
KlimLandRP: An interdisciplinary research project of the governmental department “Ministerium für Wirtschaft, Klimaschutz, Energie und Landesplanung” of the federal state Rhineland-Palatinate from 04/2008 – 09/2011. The research project dealt with climate and land use change in Rhineland-Palatinate. The aim of this project was to assess the effects, risks and chances of climate change for the federal state Rhineland-Palatinate and to identify possible options for the policy.