It is not all about studying! Mainz is a student town and offers a variety of cultural events and plenty of leisure facilities to guarantee that you will not be bored when the doors of the university are closed:
- Do you like theatre, ballet or opera? You can get reductions and free entrance to selected productions at the Mainzer Staatstheater using the student ticket
- Annual Bierbörse
- Great Wine Capital
- The city’s official homepage contains a lot of information on seasonal events and festivals, the annual marathon, sightseeing and recreation in Mainz and its surroundings.
Mainz and the Rhine region:
- With the student ticket you can easily explore Mainz and the region, including Frankfurt, Wiesbaden, and Darmstadt. To see where the student ticket will take you to free of charge.
- Mainz – At the Heart of the Rhine-Main Region.
- Upper Middle Rhine Valley World Heritage
- Hiking in a breath-taking scenery: the Rheinsteig
- Discover Rüdesheim, at the heart of international tourism
Need more reasons to study at JGU?