Congratulations to your new WordPress project! So what's next?
How do you manage organizing the template pages to publish a final website?
- Header: customize your header via the Dashboard by selecting Appearance → Customise. From the Fronted, directly choose the Customize Button in the Admin bar
- Navigation: add pages to your menu
We've already created the following pages. Now, it's your job to change and add content:
- Contact: a quick hint to access all contact details for your contents - as a menu item top right. In case you didn't get or already deleted our sample page: Please create a site named contact (spelled exactly), so it will automatically be added to the top menu. This page should contain a name, address, email address and a phone number of your faculty contact person which helps your visitor to always catch the right recipient
- Index: a sorted list of all pages for a quick access
- Sitemap: a list of pages of your web site
- Legal Notice (Imprint): if you're not conform with the default info, you can update your own notes
- Privacy: we've prepared a default page, you can also update your own notes
It should be evident for all projects to which faculty / which group you belong to. A link is also helpful to be indexed by search engines.
In case no contact person is accessible, e.g. nobody is responding to the specified email address, the web page will be deactivated after a certain period of time, which avoids tarnishing JGU's reputation by providing outdated content.