Head of Laboratory
Institute of Geography
Building SBII, Rooms 02-423 & -539
Phone: + 49 6131 39 20955
Head of Dendro Laboratory, Department of Geography, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz
2007 - 2010
Mitsubishi Polyester Film GmbH, Analytical Laboratory - Research & Development, Wiesbaden
- Scanning Electron Microscopy with energy dispersive x-ray analysis for characterization of films, laminations and pigments
- White Light Interferometry for the measurement of 3D profiles and surface topographies
- Characterization of the surface tension of films with optical drop shape analysis
- Checking and calibration of measuring instruments etc.
2005 - 2007
Regierungspräsidium Stuttgart (District Government), Department of Environment
- Specialist for technical comments for immission control approvals of waste treatment plants
- Monitoring of industrial plants and advising companies in safety at work
- Review of environmental reports and analytical findings of air emissions and industrial wastewater
2000 - 2005
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe (today's KIT) - Helmholtz Association, Institute for Instrumental Analysis
- Further development of electronic noses based on gas-sensory microarray systems, called "Karlsruhe Micro Nose KAMINA"
- Application studies for quality control of food, dectection and identification of coolant leaks, piloting a remote-controlled 9m small airship for the dectection and identification of gas and odour sources, construction of a tubular module for ground probes to explore volatile soil pollutants (funded by Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt) u.a.
- Live demonstrations at the Hannover Messe, the measurement fair in Nürnberg and the HomeTech in Cologne
1994 - 1999
Studies of Physical Technology with emphasis on biotechnology and environmental engineering at the University of Applied Sciences, Iserlohn. Qualification: Diplom-Ingenieur (FH)
Björklund J, et al. (in press) Scientific merits and analytical challenges of tree-ring densitometry. Reviews of Geophysics.
Klippel L, Hartl-Meier C, Lindén J, Kochbeck M, Emde K, Esper J (2017) Hourly Resolved Climate Response of Picea abies beyond its Natural Distribution Range. Baltic Forestry 23(3): 556-563. (Baltic Forestry.pdf)
- Arnold C, Kochbeck M, Goschnick J (2004): Percussion probe equipped with the Karlsruhe Micronose KAMINA for rapid online soil analysis of volatile pollutants. Technical Digest of the 10th Internat. Meeting on Chemical Sensors, Tsukuba, J, July 11-14, 2004, Chemical Sensors, 20 (2004), supplement B, S. 724-725.
- Goschnick J, Andlauer W, Harms M, Kochbeck M, Körber R (2002) On-site soil screening for volatile pollutants with an electronic nose. ENVSENS Workshop, Santa Cesarea Terme, Lecce, I, May 27-29, 2002. EUROSENSORS XVI; Praha; CZ; Sept. 15-18, 2002. (Goschnick_2002_Eurosensors.pdf)
- Harms M, Kochbeck M, Goschnick J (2002) A small airship equipped with an electronic nose as screening instrument for gas sources. 9th International Meeting on Chemical Sensors, Boston, Mass., July 7-10, 2002
- Körber R, Harms M, Kochbeck M, Goschnick J (2002) On-site soil screening with an electronic nose in manual operation and mounted on an airship. 9th International Symposium on Olfaction and Electronic Nose (ISOEN 02), Roma, I, Sept. 29 - Oct. 2, 2002.
- Andlauer W, Kochbeck M, Körber R, Goschnick J (2001) Mobile odour testers for soils or granular materials. Breh W [Hrsg.]. Field Screening Europe: Proc. of the 2nd Internat. Conference on Strategies and Techniques for the Investigation and Monitoring of Contaminated Sites, Karlsruhe, May 14-16, 2001. Dordrecht u.a.: Kluwer Acad. Publ., 2002, 127-132. (Andlauer_2001_FSE.pdf)
- Andlauer W, Kochbeck M, Körber R, Goschnick J (2001) Locating pollutants in soft soils and testing the odour quality of granular materials with a new mobile electronic nose insertion probe. Eurodeur Airodeur 2001, Paris, F, June 19-21, 2001.
- Andlauer W, Kochbeck M, Körber R, Goschnick J (2001) In-depth testing of soils and granular materials with a mobile electronic nose. 9th International Conference On-site Analysis (ONSANA 2001), Amelia Island, Fla., Jan. 21-24, 2001.