since 10/2019: Research assistant at the Department for Communication, University of Mainz, Germany
09/2019: Master of Arts (M.A) in Communication Studies, Master's thesis „Und jetzt erst recht?! Die (Medien-)Öffentlichkeit als Mobilisierungsfaktor in Tarifauseinandersetzungen. Eine qualitative Studie zu Motiven der Streikbeteiligung“ („And now more than ever?! The (media) public as a mobilization factor in wage disputes. A qualitative study on motives for strike participation“)
10/2017-09/2019: Communication studies with focus on communication and media research (M.A.) at the Johannes Gutenberg-University Mainz, Germany
10/2017: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in communication and book studies, Bachelor's thesis „Hirndoping auf Rezept der Journalisten? Der Einfluss der Medienberichterstattung auf die Bereitschaft von Studierenden, psychoaktive Substanzen zur geistigen Leistungssteigerung einzunehmen“ („Brain doping on journalists' prescription? The influence of media coverage on the willingness of students to take psychoactive substances to improve mental performance“)
10/2013-10/2017: Communication and book studies (B.A.) at the Johannes Gutenberg-University Mainz, Germany
04/2015-09/2019: Conceptual and organizational project work as scientific assistant in various projects at the Department of Communication Science, Johannes Gutenberg-University Mainz, Germany
e.g. in the BMBF joint project "Pharmacological Cognitive Enhancement – Between Planned Knowledge Transfer and Not Intended Repercussions" and the DFG projects "From News Values to Discussion Values: Causes, Conditions and Effects of media-stimulated interpersonal communication on News Websites" as well as "Collective Bargaining and the Media - The mediated public in political and economic negotiations"
Internships and part-time jobs at the Institute for Reading and Media Research of Stiftung Lesen, at the local radio station Antenne Landau and at the Center for Quality Assurance at JGU Mainz, and others.
- Political communication (especially media influences on protests and protest mobilization as well as on decision-making processes of political and economic elites)
- Health communication (especially knowledge transfer on so-called "brain doping" and the effects of health messages)
Workshops and courses
- Workshop "(Un)reachable and (hardly) willing to respond?! Challenges and Strategies in Qualitative and Quantitative Surveys of Special Populations" organized at the annual conference of the DGPuK 2022
- New Media / Online Communication: "On the role of social media in political and social mobilization"
- Political Communication on the question "Are the media to blame for the success/failure of protest movements?"
- Main course: Current research questions in communication science on the topic "Medialization of contemporary protest movements"
- Additional course on the topic "Media and Protest"
- Advanced course on "Media Influence on Protest Participation"
- Data Analysis
- Concepts & Theories of Communication Science
- Scientific working
Activities in the academic community
- Reviewer for national and international conferences
- Member of various academic societies, e.g. International Communication Association (ICA), European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA), German Society for Journalism and Communication Science (DGPuK)
- since 2020 Organization of the annual graduation ceremony
2019: Master Award for Communication and Media Research for the best thesis 2019 by the Alumni Foundation of the Department of Communication at the University Mainz
Address: Department of Communication, Jakob-Welder-Weg 12, 55099 Mainz, Germany
Room: Georg Forster building 03.239