Please note: Due to the current Corona pandemic, JGU makes every effort to adapt its processes accordingly. The application for recognition is available online via Jogustine. Please upload all documents required for the evaluation in your online application. The application deadline for winter 2020/21 is September 1st 2020.
- Visa: For the issuance of a visa, foreign applicants require a confirmation of mandatory course attendance for students in the winter semester 20/21: The administration office at “International Admissions” of the Student Service Center produces the confirmation for all admitted applicants (foreign students). In addition, it is made available for download on the personal, password-protected section of the application portal JOGU-StINe under “Service -> Meine Dokumente”. German applicants do not need such a confirmation as they do not require a visa. As soon as the confirmation is available, applicants are informed by email sent to the mail address filed in their applicant’s account.
- Confirmation Documents: In order to enter Germany, students from abroad, who are already enrolled, require a confirmation of mandatory course attendance for students in the winter semester 20/21: The administration office at “Student Administration” of the Student Service Center produces the confirmation on request (informal email to firstname.lastname@example.org). In addition, it is made available for download on the personal, password-protected section of the application portal JOGU-StINe under “Service -> Meine Dokumente”. As soon as the confirmation is available, students are informed by email sent to their student mail address.
- If you are currently unable to submit the documents by post, please contact email@example.com (subject: ZUL-O + application number). They will inform you how you can still apply. Please make sure that you upload all documents relevant to the application, including a certificate of recognition, proof of Master's entrance qualification (certificate and overview of subjects and grades) and proof of language skills.
- If you momentarily do not have the possibility to have your documents officially certified, your online application and the uploaded documents are sufficient for processing. Please make sure that you upload all the documents required for evaluation (original language and, if necessary, translation) in the application. You will receive a preliminary certificate of recognition with limited validity.
- You will have to submit the printed and signed application including all necessary documents as soon as possible. You will then receive a final certificate. After that, you will receive a final certificate of recognition. If the submitted documents do not match the uploaded documents, we will not issue the final certificate and the validity of the preliminary certificate will be cancelled immediately.
The Student Service provides applicants during the corona pandemic with further helpful information on their website. Further information on the recognition of foreign certificates and diplomas in the current phase can be found here.