Applications are accepted throughout the year. However, we have about six selection committee meetings per year, when applications will be evaluated and fellowships will be granted.
The next application deadline is March 15, 2018.
Start dates of our openings in 2018 are flexible.
Applicants should send an e-mail with these required documents (only pdf-files):
- Detailed curriculum vitae,
- Cover letter including a short motivation statement,
- Summary of research interests,
- Copies/Scans of the university degrees (Bachelor's and Master's) in German or English,
- Transcripts of Bachelor's and Master's or "Diploma" with your academic record (lists of courses with your grades) in German or English,
- Proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS are preferred), if you are not German or not an English native speaker.
Applicants should be fluent in written and spoken English, but need not to be fluent in German.
Please contact two or three supervisors and ask them to send the following documents:
- Recommendation letters by professional colleagues (official letterhead of their institution,
with stamp and signature) being sent by the referees from an institutional e-mail account.
Please note that referees' e-mails from private e-mail accounts (googlemail, yahoo, hotmail etc.) cannot be accepted!
- Referee forms by these referees.The Graduate School does not contact your referees to request recommendations on your behalf!
*It is not necessary to hold the M.Sc. certificate at the date of application. However, you must have fulfilled all necessary parts of your M.Sc. (courses and thesis defense) and proof this by an official document (e.g. transcript of grades or else) when applying.
The selection and admission criteria are based on the academic qualification, motivation and suitability for the program. => Qualification Requirements
We recommend you contact one of the professors in Mainz if they would agree to be your supervisor in case you are accepted as a fellow.
We might invite you for an on-site interview/presentation before a decision is made and an admission is granted.
|Info on Admission Procedure for Graduates (M.Sc. or Diploma)
Info on Required Documents for application
|Info on admission for graduates with a Bachelor's degree in our fast-track program|