The following requirements apply for PostDocs with DFG-funding only.
- to work independently on an innovative research project from a transcultural comparatistic perspective within the above-mentioned subject areas, which will be finished in four years with a monograph
- very good knowledge in one of the four subject-areas of the GRK and in the field of cultural theories and methods, documented by publications and/or your dissertation
- finished PhD with more than average success in one of the member-disciplines of the RTG (doctorate must be granted at time of application)
- experience in international scientific cooperation and interdisciplinary research
- structured and independent way of working, originality, team-orientation, social skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with various publics
- very good knowledge of German and English.
- to continue with your academic training and work towards your habilitation
- to present your project on a regular basis within and outside of the GRK
- to lead, with support from the members, a workgroup focusing on the subject-areas C & D and to primarily author articles on the level of synthesis, which will be co-written by several authors of the workgroup
- to take part in supporting and developing the graduate school program and to communicate cooperatively with the professors and the PhD students
- to take part in the activities of the GRK and in the meetings of the executive board
- to participate in the program (e.g. general meetings and meetings of the executive board)
- Place of work is Mainz
- ample opportunities for intensive professional and interdisciplinary exchange
- a mentoring program with cooperating partners in Germany and abroad
- additional funding for travelling to conferences and lectures inside and outside Germany
- a wide selection of courses for the acquisition of key qualifications and further professional training
- a modern and pleasant working environment at Mainz, a highly accredited academic centre
- opportunities to enhance your teaching experience, to acquire leadership skills and further qualifications for an academic career at a senior level
A) as one pdf:
- one page of motivational letter
- CV focusing on your previous academic career, including a list of publications and academic certificates (transcripts of records incl. high school diploma)
- 6 pages outlining your intended research project (abstract, problem, current state of research, aim, methods, work schedule)
B) two letters of recommendation:
- directly from your supervisors, via e-mail to: email@example.com; subject heading: GRK1876_Your name.
C) additional pdf-files:
- two of your most important publications and your dissertation
Deadline is May 21st, 2018. You my find further information in our Call for Application.
For questions concerning your specific area of research, you may also directly contact the relevant scholars listed on our homepage. For organizational questions, you may contact the coordination office.