09/2019: Doctorate in communication science; title of dissertation: "Pressure or power ressource. The role of media in negotations among societal decision makers.
Since 11/2013: Research assistant at the Department for Communication, University of Mainz, Germany
10/2013: Magister Artium (M.A) in Communication Studies, Political Science and Economics; Master's thesis „Grenzkosten, Eurobonds und Schattenbanken – aber was verstehen die Leser davon? Eine qualitative Studie zur Identifikation von textimmanenten und rezipientenseitigen Einflussfaktoren auf die Verständlichkeit von Wirtschaftsnachrichten“ („Marginal costs, Eurobonds and Shadow banks – But What Do Readers Really Understand? A Qualitative Study on the Identification of Text Immanent and Recipient-sided Influence Factors for the Comprehensibility of Business News“)
08/2011-01/2012: Internship with the client service team of the market and opinion research agency Millward Brown Lansdowne, Dublin, Ireland
06/2009-10/2013: Graduate assistant at the Department for Communication, University of Mainz (conceptual and organizational work in national and international content analysis projects on the financial and euro crisis)
10/2007-10/2013: Studies of Communication Science, Political Science and Economics at the University of Mainz, Germany
More internships and freelance work with the daily newspaper Main-Echo, the PR agency Hill&Knowlton and the journal HORIZONT (Resort Specials).
- The consequences of traditional mass media coverage and computer-mediated communication for social cohesion (e.g., integration vs. polarization through media)
- Media influence on decision-making processes of political and economic elites
- Media in social crises and conflicts
- Dynamics of opinion formation in digitalized media environments
- Methods of empirical communication science: especially the link between qualitative and quantitative methods when surveying elites; machine learning approaches in the canon of communication science methods
2021: Award for the best conference presentation at the DACH21 communication science conference of the germanspeaking community in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland (April, 2021, digital), together with Marc Ziegele & Oliver Quiring
2020: Dissertation Prize of the German Communication Association (DGPuK)
2020: Dissertation Prize of the Johhanes Gutenberg University Mainz
2015: "Science Award" of the German Reading Foundation (Stiftung Lesen) for the Master's thesis
2014: Naomi C. Turner-Preis of the World Association for Public Opinion Research (WAPOR) for the best conference paper authored by a student at the annual conference of the WAPOR 2014 in Nice (with Mathias Weber)
2013: Award of the Department of Communication at the University Mainz for the "Master thesis of the year 2013"
Activities in the academic community
- Reviewer for national and international conferences and journals (Communication Research, Computers in Human Behavior, European Journal of Communication, Journalism, Medien und Kommunikationswissenshaft, New Media and Society, Scientific Reports, Social Media + Society, Studies in Communication and Media, ICA annual conferences, annual conferences of the German Communication Association and of the Political Communication Section)
- Member of the European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA), German Communication Association (DGPuK), International Communication Association (ICA), International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR), Postdoctoral Member in JGUs Research unit Interdisciplinary Public Policy
- Functions in academic self-government (e.g., student representative in the Gutenberg Council for Young Researchers and the department's board committee, member of appointment committees; co-organizer of a section conference)
Address: Department of Communication, Jakob-Welder-Weg 12, 55099 Mainz, Germany
Room: Georg Forster building 03.309